Fredericksburg, VA – Tsunami Swimming's 2015-16 season is off to a big start with some record-breaking swims and big time drops at the 2015 October Pumpkin Plunge, held October 9-11 at the Collegiate School Aquatics Center in Richmond, VA.
Altogether, the 31 swimmers dropped more than 300 seconds over the weekend. High school senior Allison Slominski set two of the four new team records, including a new record in the 100Y freestyle that broke the 12-year-old previous record, which dated back to 2003.
The top 8 finishers and new team records from the weekend are below. Congratulations on all of the great swims!
Registration is now open for all of Tsunami Swimming's programs for the 2015-16 season, which runs September through May at Fredericksburg Academy. You can find the programs in the menu above, or follow the links below:
- Swim & Stay Fit - An hour-long workout available once or twice a week in six-week sessions. Ages 5 through adult.
- Learn to Swim - Half-hour swimming lessons designed to teach basic strokes and confidence. Ages 5 through adult.
- Masters Swimming - For adults over 18, hone your skills and improve your conditioning with daily workouts.
- High School Warm-Up - Are those high school practices so crowded you can barely swim? Not getting enough individual attention? This program allows high school swimmers to start their training early and receive the extra attention they deserve.
- RSL Stroke Clinic - A one-week program that gives Summer League swimmers a head-start to their season with an intensive review of all four competitive strokes, starts, and turns.
We hope that you will join us this season!
Interested in year-round swimming? Join Tsunami's Competitve Team! Practice starts Monday, September 14, with a pre-season Parents' meeting on Sunday, September 13, 6pm at Fredericksburg Academy. See you then!
Tsunami Swimmers had an awesome summer, both in and out of the pool! Thanks to all of the parents for their support, and the swimmers for their hard work during our 2015 summer long course season! Check out some of the photos below from the good times we had this year. Intersted in joining us?
As a member of USA Swimming, Tsunami Swimming is committed to fostering a fun, healthy and safe environment for all of our swimmers. As part of its Safe Sport program, USA Swimming offers a variety of resources, including free training, to help meet this goal. Feel free to contact us or the USA Swimming Safe Sport contact directly if you have any questions about these programs.>
Tsunami Swimming offers scholarships for all of its programs on a financial-need basis. Tsunami Swimming is a 501 C(3) organization, so all donations are tax-deductible.
How easy is it to donate?
- $10 will outfit a needy child with a swim cap and goggles.
- $30 will buy a swimsuit for a boy or girl.
- $45 will allow a child to have one free session of swimming lessons.
- $55 will allow one child to participate in the Swim
and Stay Fit program for a session.