Tsunami's swimmers gave an impressive performance at the RPST Fall Invite, held November 8-9, 2014 at St. Michael High School. Among the stand-outs were 8-year-old Ryan McOsker who won seven events and set five new team records. Twelve-year-old Abigail Cook won six events and placed second in two events, 8-year-old Anna Labrusciano won five events and placed second in three events, and the 11-12 year-old girls 200 Medly Relay set a new team record. Congratulations to all of our swimmers on a fantastic meet! A full list of Top-8 performances by Tsunami swimmers is below:
Check out the meet results from Poseidon's Pumpkin Plunge, held at the Collegiate Swimming Aquatic Center in Richmond on October 10-12. The top eight place swimmers and new record or Qualifying times are listed below. It was a huge meet with 924 swimmers, and a fun way to experience competition from some of Virginia's top teams!
Tsunami Swimming has received a grant from the USA Swimming Foundation to provide swim lessons to children from low-income families.
Swimmers must be age 5 or older and eligible for the free or reduced price National School Lunch Program. Swimmers pay $5 for each session of 6 classes. (In case of extreme hardship, this fee can be waived.) Free swim suits, caps and goggles will be provided for participating swimmers.
Swim with Tsunami this Fall!
Tsunami Swimming programs for the 2014-15 season begin on Monday, September 8 at Fredericksburg Academy pool. Register online today for:
- Learn to Swim for non-swimmers ages 5 through adult (begins Sunday 9/14/14)
- Swim and Stay fit for swimmers ages 5 through adult (begins Monday 9/8/14)
- Competitive Swim Team ages 5 – 18 (practice begins Monday 9/8/14)
- High School Warm-Up for high school age swimmers (begins Monday 9/15/14)
- Adult Masters swimming ages 18 and older (begins Monday 9/8/14)
- RSL Pre-Season Stroke Clinic for summer league swimmers (begins Monday 5/18/15)
As a member of USA Swimming, Tsunami Swimming is committed to fostering a fun, healthy and safe environment for all of our swimmers. As part of its Safe Sport program, USA Swimming offers a variety of resources, including free training, to help meet this goal. Feel free to contact us or the USA Swimming Safe Sport contact directly if you have any questions about these programs.>
Tsunami Swimming offers scholarships for all of its programs on a financial-need basis. Tsunami Swimming is a 501 C(3) organization, so all donations are tax-deductible.
How easy is it to donate?
- $10 will outfit a needy child with a swim cap and goggles.
- $30 will buy a swimsuit for a boy or girl.
- $45 will allow a child to have one free session of swimming lessons.
- $55 will allow one child to participate in the Swim
and Stay Fit program for a session.