The Tsunami swimmers set several new records during the 2016-2017 short course season, including 8 new relay records and over 20 new individual records. Anna Slominski achieved a noteworthy eight new team records, followed closely by both Charlotte Denecke and Ryan McOsker with five each. You can see all records, new and old, on the Team Records page.
Congratulations to all swimmers for a very successful season!
Registration is now open for all of Tsunami Swimming's programs for the 2016-17 season, which runs September through May at Fredericksburg Academy. You can find the programs in the menu above, or follow the links below:
- Swim & Stay Fit - An hour-long workout available once or twice a week in six-week sessions. Ages 5 through adult.
- Learn to Swim - Half-hour swimming lessons designed to teach basic strokes and confidence. Ages 5 through adult.
- Masters Swimming - For adults over 18, hone your skills and improve your conditioning with daily workouts.
- High School Warm-Up - Are those high school practices so crowded you can barely swim? Not getting enough individual attention? This program allows high school swimmers to start their training early and receive the extra attention they deserve.
- RSL Stroke Clinic - A one-week program that gives Summer League swimmers a head-start to their season with an intensive review of all four competitive strokes, starts, and turns.
We hope that you will join us this season!
Interested in year-round swimming? Join Tsunami's Competitve Team! Practice starts Monday, September 12. See you then!
As a member of USA Swimming, Tsunami Swimming is committed to fostering a fun, healthy and safe environment for all of our swimmers. As part of its Safe Sport program, USA Swimming offers a variety of resources, including free training, to help meet this goal. Feel free to contact us or the USA Swimming Safe Sport contact directly if you have any questions about these programs.>
Tsunami Swimming offers scholarships for all of its programs on a financial-need basis. Tsunami Swimming is a 501 C(3) organization, so all donations are tax-deductible.
How easy is it to donate?
- $10 will outfit a needy child with a swim cap and goggles.
- $30 will buy a swimsuit for a boy or girl.
- $45 will allow a child to have one free session of swimming lessons.
- $55 will allow one child to participate in the Swim
and Stay Fit program for a session.