Tsunami Swimming has been awarded one of two grants given this year by Virginia Swimming. This will enable Tsunami to offer free swimming lessons to eligible children during the 2013-14 season.
Learn more below, and apply for a spot in Tsunami's classes today! Eligibility is based on income level, children ages 5 and up who receive free or reduced lunch may apply. Each swimmer will receive a free swimsuit and goggles. Tsunami will also supply a swim cap and towel if needed.
Registration is now open for all of Tsunami Swimming's programs for the 2013-14 season, which runs September through May at Fredericksburg Academy. You can find the programs in the menu above, or follow the links below:
- Swim & Stay Fit - An hour-long workout available once or twice a week in six-week sessions. Ages 5 through adult.
- Learn to Swim - Half-hour swimming lessons designed to teach basic strokes and confidence. Ages 5 through adult.
- Masters Swimming - For adults over 18, hone your skills and improve your conditioning with daily workouts.
- RSL Stroke Clinic - A one-week program that gives Summer League swimmers a head-start to their season with an intensive review of all four competitive strokes, starts, and turns.
- High School Warm-Up - Are those high school practices so crowded you can barely swim? Not getting enough individual attention? This program allows high school swimmers to start their training early and receive the extra attention they deserve.
We hope that you will join us this season!
As a member of USA Swimming, Tsunami Swimming is committed to fostering a fun, healthy and safe environment for all of our swimmers. As part of its Safe Sport program, USA Swimming offers a variety of resources, including free training, to help meet this goal. Feel free to contact us or the USA Swimming Safe Sport contact directly if you have any questions about these programs.>
Tsunami Swimmers participated in the SNOW Long Course Invitational held May 31-June 2, 2013 at the Claude Moore Recreational Center in Sterling, Virginia. Listed below are Tsunami swimmers who finished in the top 8, set new team records, or earned new motivational times. Congratulations on great swims to kick off the long-course season, and to all of the new personal best times and team records set last weekend!
Peter maloney Tsunami Swimming.