Registration is now open for all of Tsunami Swimming's programs for the 2016-17 season, which runs September through May at Fredericksburg Academy. You can find the programs in the menu above, or follow the links below:
- Swim & Stay Fit - An hour-long workout available once or twice a week in six-week sessions. Ages 5 through adult.
- Learn to Swim - Half-hour swimming lessons designed to teach basic strokes and confidence. Ages 5 through adult.
- Masters Swimming - For adults over 18, hone your skills and improve your conditioning with daily workouts.
- High School Warm-Up - Are those high school practices so crowded you can barely swim? Not getting enough individual attention? This program allows high school swimmers to start their training early and receive the extra attention they deserve.
- RSL Stroke Clinic - A one-week program that gives Summer League swimmers a head-start to their season with an intensive review of all four competitive strokes, starts, and turns.
We hope that you will join us this season!
Interested in year-round swimming? Join Tsunami's Competitve Team! Practice starts Monday, September 12. See you then!
Tsunami Swimming wishes all RSL Summer League swimmers good luck in today's Championship meet!
Tsunami Swimming participated in the BASS Winter Warm Up held at the Woodberry Forest Pool in Orange Virginia on February 7, 2016. While the meet was cut short due to uncontrollable circumstances, our swimmers still dropped time in the pool.
One dozen Tsunami swimmers placed in the top eight in their events. Congratulations to Charlottle Denecke on setting a new team record and a new "AA" time! Our top-eight finishers are listed below.
Tsunami competed in the Eastern Zone IMX meet held January 29-31, 2016 at the University of Maryland in College Park. With 81 teams and over 1200 swimmers coming from Virginia to Maine, the IMX meet is one of the largest age group meets in the country.
Tsunami sent six swimmers to Zones and they achieved new team records, new standards, and new qualifying times! Anna Slominski added to her already-impressive team record haul with new records in both the 200 Yard IM and the 200 Yard Breaststroke, which was also a new AA time. Ryan McOsker earned a new A time in the 200 Yard Freestyle, along with an Age Group Qualifying time. Charlotte Denecke swam to two new AAs and two new A times, and Ciara Graves swam three AAAs and two A times, including a new A in the 200 Yard IM. Our lone distance swimmer, Abby Cook earned a new A time in the 500 free.
Congratulations on the great swims! Select acheivements are listed below.
Rachel Amidon, who trains with Tsunami's Masters program, competed at the Alexandria Masters Splash on January 31, 2016 at the George Washington RecCenter in Alexandria.
Rachel raced to two first-place finishes and two second-place finishes in her age group, proving that hard work and dedication truly pay off! A former age-group swimmer who trained with Coach Pete as a youth, Rachel is swimming impressive times and continues to improve. Congratulations Rachel!
As a member of USA Swimming, Tsunami Swimming is committed to fostering a fun, healthy and safe environment for all of our swimmers. As part of its Safe Sport program, USA Swimming offers a variety of resources, including free training, to help meet this goal. Feel free to contact us or the USA Swimming Safe Sport contact directly if you have any questions about these programs.>
Tsunami Swimming offers scholarships for all of its programs on a financial-need basis. Tsunami Swimming is a 501 C(3) organization, so all donations are tax-deductible.
How easy is it to donate?
- $10 will outfit a needy child with a swim cap and goggles.
- $30 will buy a swimsuit for a boy or girl.
- $45 will allow a child to have one free session of swimming lessons.
- $55 will allow one child to participate in the Swim
and Stay Fit program for a session.