All team members, team staff, and parents of minors are apprised in writing of this Code of Conduct and the attached USA Swimming Code of Conduct. A signature on this document constitutes unconditional agreement to comply with the stipulations of both documents.
- Team members will display proper respect and sportsmanship toward coaches, officials, administrators, teammates, fellow competitors and the public at all times.
- Team members and staff will refrain from any illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of the team or be detrimental to its performance objectives.
- The possession or use of alcohol or tobacco products by any athlete is prohibited.
- The possession, use, or sale/distribution of any controlled or illegal substance or any form of weapon is strictly forbidden.
- No “deck changes” are permitted. Athletes are expected to use available change facilities.
- Team members are reminded that when competing in meets, traveling on trips, and attending other meet-related functions, they are representing both themselves and Tsunami Swimming. Athlete behavior must positively reflect the high standards of the club (or LSC).
- Failure to comply with the Honor Code as set forth in this document may result in disciplinary action. Such discipline may include, but may not be limited to:
- Dismissal from the trip and immediate return home at the athlete’s expense;
- Disqualification from one or more events, or all events of competition;
- Disqualification from future team travel meets;
- Financial penalties;
- Dismissal from the team; and/or
- Proceedings for a LSC or USA Swimming National Board of Review.
- Swimmers are to refrain from inappropriate physical contact at team activities and events.
- Swimmers are to refrain from use of inappropriate language.