To help offset the cost of the pool rental and coaches’ travel expenses, team families commit to raising $200.00 in funds each year for the first swimmer, and $40.00 for each additional swimmer. This is in addition to your team contract fees and meet fees.
2023 - 2024 Short Course Season FUNDRAISING OBLIGATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2024.
Any money accumulated above the $200.00 (for 1 swimmer, + $40 per additional swimmer) commitment, is shared with Tsunami Swimming Scholarship fund. 50% of the overage will go to the scholarship fund. The remaining 50% overage is placed in the family’s account and can be used to offset the family’s team contract fees, meet fees, or any other fees incurred.
Three ways to fulfill the fundraising obligation:
- Pay the entire fundraising total outright.
- Purchase gift cards through the RaiseRight fundraising program. A percentage of each gift card purchase will go towards offsetting your fundraising total. The percentage is determined by the retailer; not all percentages are the same.
- For example - You purchase a $100 Sheetz Gift Card. The return on the Sheetz card is 3%. That means that $3 goes towards your $200 obligation; you now owe $197. You also purchase a $100 Old Navy gift card. The return on Old Navy is 14%. That means $14 goes towards your $200 obligation; you now owe $183.
- You may also meet your fundraising goal by using a combination of the above methods.
RaiseRight Program -
What is RaiseRight: RaiseRight is a gift card program that passes along a certain percentage of the card value to the team. There are over 700 participating retailers. Visit https://www.raiseright.com/shop to view a complete list and enroll. You may either purchase hard/physical gift cards once a month from the website or use the Mobile App to make immediate purchases. Many gift cards are reloadable.
How it works:
Visit the website for RaiseRight https://www.raiseright.com/shop. Once you navigate to the website, click on “Family Sign Up”. The team enrollment number is: 4C3347f11L595.
Mobile App - RaiseRight.com. This can be found in the Apple APP store or on Google Play. All RaiseRight website sign-in and payment information transfers to the new app.
Ordering and Payment Options:
Ordering physical gift cards: The coordinator places a "bulk/team" order on the 2nd Sunday of each month, beginning in October. If you wish to purchase a physical gift card, do so using your account on the website or app. Due to shipping costs, the profit for a group order must exceed the estimated shipping cost of $16.00.
If you do not want to wait for a physical gift cards, RaiseRight offers printable e-cards. This is the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to purchase gift cards. The e-cards work exactly like a traditional gift card. You may print them out from a computer or use them on your cell phone. You may also order cards using the "Ship to Home" option.
Payment - All e-cards, physical gift cards and reloads should be paid with the automatic payment set up with your RaiseRight account. Once your account is active, you can sign up to either use your bank account or a credit card. Linking a bank account fee is $0.29 per order whenever you would like for cards, gift card reloading or online wallet. You may also use Visa and Mastercard as payment for online orders. A 2.6% fee plus $0.29 will be added to your order total each time you place an order and pay with a credit card. Credit card payments should be processed through the RaiseRight website.
In-stock gift cards: This season we will NOT be keeping any physical gift cards in stock on the pool deck.
How do I track the amount of money I have earned? The fundraising coordinator keeps track of how much each family purchases, and how much “profit” has been raised by the purchases. You will receive a statement every 3 - 4 months with an update as to your total earnings.
Can my swimmer's grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, etc. sign up for the program? Yes, other people can enroll to earn money for your family. HOWEVER, please have them list on their enrollment page who they are raising money for, so that when the reports are run, their total can be added to your family's fundraising total.
Insufficient funds/returned checks:
Payments are made to RaiseRight on behalf of Tsunami Swimming. If a payment is returned or rejected for any reason, one of the following actions will be taken:
- If the family order has not been released by Tsunami, RaiseRight will cancel the order and charge Tsunami a bank charge of $30.00. The family will then owe Tsunami the $30.00 fee.
- If the family order has been released by Tsunami, RaiseRight will charge Tsunami for the face value of your order, plus a bank charge of $30.00. The family will then owe Tsunami that full amount.
Tsunami Fundraising coordinator: