To help offset the cost of the pool rental and coaches travel expenses, team families commit to "raising" $200.00 in scrip profit each year. This is in addition to your team contract fees and meet fees. Any money accumulated above the $200.00 commitment, is shared 50/50 with the family and Tsunami swimming Scholarship fund. The remaining is placed into their account which goes towards the remaining balance of team contract fees, meet fees, or any other fees you may incur.
The website for scrips is www.shopwithscrip.com. Once you navigate to the website click on "Family Sign Up" (green box-white writing on the left hand side in the middle of the page). The team enrollment number is 4C3347F11L595.
How scrips works:
Non-profit organizations such as Tsunami purchase gift cards from a wide variety of merchants (grocery stores, restaurants, retail stores, gas stations, etc…) through Great Lake Scrip (GSL) program. The merchants make a donation to the non-profit organization based on the amount of "scrip" purchased. This usually ranges from $4-12 per $100 purchased (4% -12 %.) Anyone can purchase these gift cards through you via the swim team at face value and use them just like cash. Suggestion: Don’t use cash or credit to pay for your regular household purchases, use scrip gift cards from Great Lakes Scrip Center.
Tsunami usually has several popular cards in stock, and over 600 other retailers that can be special ordered and/or point of sale on the website for purchase. When you purchase scrips directly from Pete on the pool deck you receive them immediately. Ordering online via Shopwithscrip through the GSL website or received within 3-5 business days after the coordinator has released the order. Please contact the scrips coordinator to see which dates orders are placed.
Ordering and Payment Options:
- Special orders for gift cards: The coordinator places all “hard” gift card orders. Once the coordinator receives your order and notification from Pete that you have paid, the order will be submitted to GLSC. Due to shipping costs, the profit for a group order must exceed the estimated shipping cost of $7.50. Cash or Check for the full amount, check made payable to Tsunami Swimming must be received before your order is placed. Please note- scrip cannot be paid for by credit card or PayPal per GLSC guidelines.
- PrestoPay™ The team would prefer that all “hard” gift cards, reloads and Scripsnow orders to be paid for via PrestoPay™ instead of by cash or check. This is a secure online payment system using your checking account to pay for your orders. Once your scrip account is active you can sign up for PrestoPay™. It takes approximately three days for the entire PrestoPay™ process. Having a PrestoPay™ account also gives you the freedom of placing an order whenever you would like for e-cards, gift card reloading or scrips-wallet. The only fee is a $.15 cent processing fee each time you place an order. It is super easy to set-up and the coordinator would be more than happy to help anyone who needs assistance in doing so. Your order will not be placed until it is approved and “released” for order by the coordinator.
- The coordinator must release all online orders (this is a GSL guideline) UNLESS you have opted for instant print cards.
If you do not want to wait for a “hard” card Scripsnow offers printable e-cards. This is the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to purchase scrip. The e-cards work exactly like a traditional gift card but we pay no shipping cost and you get it instantly. There is a barcode printed on the e-card and the retailer scans that for payment. Since this is done electronically, if you should lose or your paper e-card you can print it out again! You can also email these to family and friends as gifts! Instant print e-cards must be paid for via your PrestoPay account only. You do not have to wait for the coordinator to “release” your order.
PrestoPay™ payments are made to GLSC on behalf of Tsunami Swimming. If a payment is returned or rejected for any reason, one of the following actions will be taken:
- If the family order has not been released by Tsunami, GLSC will cancel the family order and charge Tsunami a bank charge of $30.00. The family will then owe Tsunami the $30.00 fee.
- If the family order has been released by Tsunami, GLSC will charge Tsunami for the face value of the order, plus a bank charge of $30.00. The family will then owe Tsunami that full amount.
On hand scrips:
Scrip Coordinator carries an assortment of cards on the deck. The cards purchased directly from the coordinator can be paid for by cash or check.. Please write checks for scrip purchases separate from other items, and specify which scrip you are purchasing. The coordinator parent volunteer keeps track of how much scrip each family purchases, and how much “profit” has been raised by their purchases.
Scrip coupons usually in stock:
- Giant, Food Lion
- Darden (good at Red Lobster, and Olive Garden)
- Outback (good at Carabbas, Cheeseburger in Paradise and Bonefish Grill)
Tsunami team scrips coordinator is Karen Tiberio.
You can reach her at one of the following: