This contract is between Tsunami Swimming (team) a recognized 501c(3), and parent/guardian of the swimmers listed on the registration form for participation on the Tsunami Swimming Competitive team. This contract is effective May 31, 2022, through August 3, 2022.
Payments & Fees
- Registration fee: FOR NEW SWIMMERS ONLY. Each swimmer who joins TSU must be registered with TSU, Virginia Swimming, and USA Swimming (who provides insurance coverage). Registration fee is $110 per swimmer and is NON-refundable and NON-transferable. TSU reserves the right to cancel, change, or otherwise adjust a program based on number of participants, weather, facility conflicts, swim meets, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Team payment/program fees: Team fees are based on a swimmer’s practice group placement. If the head coach advances a swimmer to a higher practice group, the parent/guardian will be responsible for any remaining balance at the higher group rate.
- Payments may be made through check or money order payable to Tsunami Swimming and given to the coach on deck or mailed to Tsunami Swimming, 365 Belle Plains Dr, Falmouth, VA
- Payments may also be made through PayPal, with a convenience fee included in monthly payments.
- Payment in full (or the first of 2 payments) is due by May 31st, 2022.
- Summer contract fees may be paid at once or split into two monthly payments. For payments via cash or check: monthly payments are due no later than May 31st and June 30th. For payments made via the Tsunami website, the first payment will process immediately, and the second 1 month later.
Summer Fees: Novice $240 Intermediate $315 Junior $370 Senior $446
- Fundraising obligation: There is no fundraising obligation under the summer contract. Any fundraising amounts raised over the summer may be applied to each family’s 2022-2023 season fundraising commitment.
- Meet fees: Meet entry fees will be charged per event entered, plus a swimmer surcharge. The fee will vary from meet to meet, and in some instances by age groups. Families will be invoiced for meet fee charges. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice, but NO LATER than 2 weeks after the conclusion of the meet. **Meet fees are NOT included in the monthly program fees, they are in addition to this contract.
- Each team is responsible for providing at least 1 USA certified swimming official for each 10 swimmers on the team.
- Parents are often required to work as a timer at swim meets. If your child is swimming in a meet, you (or another representative of your family) must volunteer to work at that swim meet.
Coaches have the right to remove a swimmer from the water for disciplinary reasons and place him/her in a secure area until parent arrives. All families and swimmers must review the Code of Conduct on the website.
Summer Practice Schedule
The practice schedule is posted online, please check the online version for updates and cancellations throughout the season.
Ferry Farm Pool
Senior & Juniors
Intermediates & Novice
Dixon Park Pool
By clicking the checkbox, you agree that you have read the Tsunami Swimming Competitive Team Contract and agree to all of the terms and conditions set out within.
I have read the Tsunami Swimming Competitive Team contract and agree to all the terms and conditions set forth.
I agree to pay dues in the amount and on the schedule indicated. I understand that if my account becomes delinquent for more than 30 days, my swimmer(s) will not be allowed to practice or swim in meets.
I have read and understand the TSU/USA Swimming Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy and TSU Anti-Bullying policy.
I have read the Tsunami Swimming photography policy and agree to give consent for photos of my swimmer to be used.