Tsunami Swimming Competitive Team Contract (Sept 2021– May 2022)
This contract is between Tsunami Swimming (team), a recognized 501c(3), and you (parent/guardian), of the swimmers included on the registration form for participation on the Tsunami Swimming Competitive team. This contract is effective from September 7, 2021 through May 27, 2022.
Fees, Program Payments, Discounts
- Registration fee: Each swimmer who joins TSU must be registered with TSU, Virginia Swimming, and USA Swimming (who provides insurance coverage). Registration fee is $110 per swimmer and is NON-refundable and NON-transferable. TSU reserves the right to cancel, change, or otherwise adjust a program based on number of participants, weather, facility conflicts, swim meets, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Team payment/program fees: Team fees are based on a swimmer’s practice group placement. If the head coach advances a swimmer to a higher practice group, the parent(s) will be responsible for paying the remaining months at the higher group rate.
- Payments are due prior to the 15th of each month. If paid after the 15th, a $25 late fee will be assessed.
- Any payment that is returned will be assessed a $25 fee.
- Payments may be made through check or money order payable to Tsunami Swimming and given to the coach on deck or mailed to Tsunami Swimming, 365 Belle Plains Dr, Falmouth, VA
- Payments may also be made through PayPal online, with the convenience fee also included in monthly payments.
- Team fees: Novice $954.00, Intermediate $1260.00, Junior $1476.00, Senior $1786.00
- Fundraising obligation: Each family is responsible for fundraising to offset coaching travel expenses. This may be done by either paying the fundraising fee outright, participating in the SCRIPs fundraiser, or a combination of both. Fundraising fees are due by May 4, 2022. The fundraising obligation is $200 for the first swimmer and $40 for each additional swimmer.
- There is a $40 sibling discount for each ADDITIONAL swimmer.
- There is a $40 discount for contract payment in full.
- Meet fees: All swimmers are expected to swim in a minimum of 3 meets per season, including one championship meet. Meet entry fees will be charged per event entered, plus a swimmer surcharge. The fee will vary from meet to meet, and in some instances by age groups. Families will be invoiced for meet fee charges. Payment is due upon recipt of invoice, but NO LATER than 2 weeks after the conclusion of the meet. **Meet fees are NOT included in the monthly program fees, they are in addition to this contract.
- Each team is responsible for providing at least 1 USA certified swimming official for each 10 swimmers on the team.
- Parents are often required to work as a timer at swim meets. If your child is swimming in a meet, you (or another representative of your family) must volunteer to work at that swim meet.
Trial Period and Cancellation Policy
Families of NEW swimmers ONLY may cancel their contract, upon written request, within 2 weeks of their swimmer’s first practice. Registration fees, however, are NON-refundable.
Pool time is reserved and contracted on a yearly basis. The payment structure is based on team costs/expenses. Joining the TSU team is an annual contract commitment. Should swimmer(s) cease to participate with Tsunami Swimming for any reason, the parent/guardian will be responsible for ALL remaining program fees.
COVID-19: If there is a closure of pool facilities or canceling of practices due to COVID-19 for LONGER than 2 consecutive weeks, fees will be waived for the length of the time of closure.
Due September 7: Registration fee plus team fee (payment in full OR first monthly payment)
Payment options: Payments may be made by cash or check. Credit card and electronic check payments are accepted online through PayPal at the Tsunami Swimming website. Monthly online autopay can be set up for recurring charges each month. ALL convenience fees must be paid.
Accepting these terms and conditions signifies my agreement to the following:
I have read the Tsunami Swimming Competitive Team contract and agree to all the terms and conditions set forth.
I agree to pay dues in the amount and on the schedule indicated. I understand that if my account becomes delinquent for more than 30 days, my simmer(s) will not be allowed to practice or swim in meets.
I understand that if my account becomes delinquent for more than 30 days, my swimmer will not be allowed to participate in practice and/or meets.
I have read and understand the TSU/USA Swimming Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy and TSU Anti-Bullying policy.
I have read the Tsunami Swimming photography policy and agree to give consent for photos of my swimmer to be used.
By checking the box on the registration form, I acknowledge that I am creating a legally binding obligation and shall be legally responsible for all dues, fees, charges, and fulfilling all obligations as stated above.