Required equipment for practices: **Please label all equipment with swimmer's name!
- Novice - pull buoy, long fins, goggles, practice suit, water bottle
- Intermediate - pull buoy, long fins, head snorkel (front facing with drain tube), goggles, practice suit, water bottle
- Junior, & Senior - pull buoy, short fins, snorkel with drain tube (preferable), hand paddles, goggles, practice suit, water bottle
Optional equipment for practices - all levels:
- kickboard (are available for use at the practice site, but some swimmers like to have their own)
- swim caps
- mesh equipment bag (holds goggles, cap, fins, pull buoy, etc.)
- nose clip
Swim Meet attire:
- Swimmers are REQUIRED to wear a TEAM CAPS when competing in a swim meet; if a swimmer wears a cap with a different logo, he/she may be disqualified from that swim.
- Additional team caps are $12 each. These are silicone caps. Complete the order form link & we will get these to you.
Personalized team caps are $32 for a set of 2 caps. These are silicone caps.**If ordering a personalized team cap, a minimum order of 2 caps is required. Most swimmers have last names printed on the cap, but first names are allowed.
- The deadline to order caps is Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 8:00 pm. Caps take about 3 weeks to ship.
- Personalized caps will only be ordered once at the beginning of the season.
- Payment is due at the time of cap delivery (about 3 weeks after the order is placed). Cash or checks made payable to Tsunami Swimming is accepted. Payment through the Commit site using a credit card is also acceptable (you must pay all fees associated with the cc payment).
- It is preferred that swimmers wear a "team suit" to meets. If you wish to purchase a team suit, you may do so through Gary @ Sport Fair (703-524-9500). These suits are black Speedo suits with the team logo on either the front (female) or leg (male).
- If your swimmer opts to not wear a team suit, make sure it DOES NOT have another team logo on it (the brand names are acceptable). Females CANNOT wear tie-back suits in a meet; males should wear either jammers or briefs. Solid black or red are good colors, as they are our team colors.
A representative from Sport Fair will be at practice (during the first month) to assist with sizing if any parents are interested in purchasing team suits. Date TBD.