Required equipment for practices:
- Novice - pull buoy, fins (either short or long, both are in the store, only 1 pair needed), goggles, practice suit
- Intermediate, Junior, & Senior - pull buoy, fins (either short or long, both are in the store, only 1 pair needed), snorkel with drain tube (preferable), goggles, practice suit
Optional equipment for practices - all levels:
- kickboard (are available for use at each site, but some swimmers like to have their own)
- swim caps
- mesh equipment bag (holds goggles, cap, fins, pull buoy, etc.)
Swim Meet attire:
- Swimmers are REQUIRED to wear a TEAM CAPS when competing in a swim meet; if a swimmer wears a cap with a different logo, he/she may be disqualified from that swim.
- Regular team caps are $10 each. These are silicone caps. Complete the order form link & we will get these to you.
- A personalized team cap is $12.50 each. These are silicone caps.**If ordering a personalized team cap, a minimum order of 2 caps is required. Most swimmers have last names printed on the cap, but first names are allowed.
- The deadline to order caps is Wednesday, September 29 at 11:59pm. They take about 3 weeks to ship.
- Personalized caps will only be ordered once this season.
- Payment is due at the time of cap delivery (about 3 weeks after the order is placed). Cash or checks made payable to Tsunami Swimming are accepted.
- The personalized cap order for 2021-22 is closed
- It is preferred that swimmers wear a "team suit" to meets. If you wish to purchase a team suit, you may do so through Gary @ Sport Fair (800-524-9501). These suits are black Speedo suits with the team logo on either the front (female) or leg (male).
- If your swimmer opts to not wear a team suit, make sure it DOES NOT have another team logo on it (the brand names are acceptable). Females CANNOT wear tie-back suits in a meet; males should wear either jammers or briefs. Solid black or red are good colors, as they are our team colors.
Tsunami has the following available for purchase, order here:
- Practice suits, $30-$40 female / $25 male Jammers/Briefs,
- Fins, Pull Buoy, Goggles
- Goggles $6 - $20
- Prescription goggles are also available, special order $15
- Practice caps (not required unless hair is a problem) $7 silicone
- Team t-shirts $10 (limited selection of sizes)
- Parent polo shirts $20 (limited selection of sizes)
Required equipment, order from Sport Fair: 800-524-9501 (Prices may change)
- Team cap (required for meets)
- Fins $35-45
- Pull buoy $10-15
- Team suit (usually 1-2 sizes smaller than practice suit) not required
An order form from Sport Fair will be distributed to parents during the first month of practice.