Like you, we've missed the pool over the past few months. With competitions and summer league cancelled, we're excited to bring you the chance to work out outdoors for a few weeks this summer!
Following guidelines from the Governor of Virginia and Virginia Swimming, we will be taking special precautions to keep our swimmers and their families safe.
This 45-minute class is limited to 10 swimmers per session, with a max of 2 swimmers per lane who will be starting on opposite ends.
Tsunami Swimming is back in the water for the Summer! Under the guidelines from the Governor of Virginia, Virginia Swimming, and USA Swimming, we are carefully conducting practices at two locations this Summer. While most spots have been spoken for, further opening up may allow us to take more swimmers at a time. Please contact Coach Pete if you haven't already to reserve your spot at one of the pools. A few reminders as we get back into the water:
- Masks are required on deck at all times
- Remember to maintain social distancing of 6ft
- Locker rooms remain closed - change in/out of your suit at home (no deck changing allowed)
- Ensure you have signed the Summer contract & the Hold Harmless Clause for COVID-19
We're all in this together, and we're so excited to see you back at the pool!
With the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), USA Swimming has cancelled all meets, events, camps, conferences, and other travel-related events through April 30. This includes team practice and programs. As of yet we have no return date, and we will work with parents regarding refunds and rescheduling over the coming weeks. Please stay tuned for more information.
From USA Swimming:
As of March 17th, the CDC and White House are urging a nationwide halt to gatherings of more than 10 people for the next eight weeks, citing the risk of the coronavirus. This includes avoiding eating or drinking in bars, restaurants, and food courts, and discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits. This should also include team training and practices.
In light of the current situation, beyond the previously announced cancellation of the TYR Pro Swim Series at Mission Viejo and the postponement of the combined Open Water National and Junior National Championships, USA Swimming is mandating the cancellation of all its sanctioned events across the U.S. through April 30, 2020. This will be continuously reassessed based on health and governmental authorities’ information.
We continue to stress the importance of preventing the spread of infection and share the following information being circulated by healthcare officials:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider.
Our leadership team has been meeting daily to discuss the most up-to-date information and the associated effects on our membership. This remains a dynamic situation and we will update our decisions and recommendations on a regular basis.
Due to ongoing concerns about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Fredericksburg Academy has closed until Sunday, March 22nd, and currently plans on reopening that Monday.
Because of this all Tsunami programs and practices are canceled until the school reopens Monday, March 23. As this is a developing situation, things may change and we will do our best to keep you updated. Stay tuned to our website, Facebook page or Twitter account for the latest.
As we begin to experience winter weather, a reminder of our inclement weather policy. If Fredericskburg Academy is closed, Tsunami programs and practices will be cancelled. We will post notifications to our Facebook page, Twitter account, and website, as well as send a notification to our email list.
Attention all Tsunami Swimming Parents & Prospective Team Members!
Tsunami coaches will be conducting a swimming assessment for any families that are unsure of their swimmer's practice group placement for the 2019-20 season. We will also be holding the pre-season parents' meeting the same day following the evaluations.
August 29, 2019
Dixon Park Pool
Pre-Season Parents' Meeting
August 29, 2019
Dixon Park Pool
Registration is now open for all of Tsunami Swimming's programs for the 2019-20 season, which runs September through May at Fredericksburg Academy. You can find the programs in the menu above, or follow the links below:
- Swim & Stay Fit - An hour-long workout available once or twice a week in six-week sessions. Ages 5 through adult.
- Learn to Swim - Half-hour swimming lessons designed to teach basic strokes and confidence. Ages 5 through adult.
- Masters Swimming - For adults over 18, hone your skills and improve your conditioning with daily workouts.
- High School Warm-Up - Are those high school practices so crowded you can barely swim? Not getting enough individual attention? This program allows high school swimmers to start their training early and receive the extra attention they deserve.
We hope that you will join us this season!
Interested in year-round swimming? Join Tsunami's Competitve Team! Practice starts Tuesday, September 4, 2019. We have a pre-season parent's meeting at Dixon Park Pool at 7pm on Thursday, August 29 for new and returning families. See you then!