- If your swimmer is placed in quarantine related to contact with a close friend/family member, their school or another activity, they are NOT allowed to attend practice/meet/program with TSU until that quarantine has ended. Please notify Coach Pete so a return to practice date can be set based on personal/individual circumstances as there are many potential scenarios.
- Please notify Coach Pete of any positive test results so we can determine any risk of exposure to the rest of our team or staff. They are tracking attendance so we can best determine individual risk on any particular date.
- Please notify Coach Pete if you have any questions regarding exposure, travel, testing or a return to practice question/concern.
- If your swimmer has a pending COVID/flu/strep/RSV test they are NOT to attend practice/meet/program. As symptoms overlap among illnesses, we want to ensure we are all doing our best to keep our team healthy. Please contact Coach Pete for the process to return.
- Masking policy -
- King George YMCA-masking is required for ALL unvaccinated/partially vaccinated individuals who are indoors and not actively exercising. This includes swimmers who are entering/exiting practice AND parents in seated/waiting indoors.
- Saint Michaels-all individuals are to be masked unless actively swimming as this is a school facility and falls under the state masking guidelines for schools.
As an additional reminder: should your swimmer(s) become ill, please do not hesitate to have your swimmer(s) medically evaluated for any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, body aches, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, abdominal pain/nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste/smell. These are ALL symptoms of COVID-19 and can occur in vaccinated individuals (however, typically, to a much lesser extent). We have teammates/coaches/families with immunocompromised/medically at-risk members of their families, please be respectful of their added risk and DO NOT attend practice/meet/program with any of the above symptoms.
Return to practice guidelines:
Tsunami Swim Team members:
Our practice times as of 9/10/2021 are:
Monday-Friday @ St. Michael's 5am-6:30am
Monday-Thursday @ King George YMCA 7:15pm-8:30pm
We are working on a new location for Sundays now that we are unable to swim at UMW until further notice. Please check the team calendar for any updates!
We're excited to welcome everyone back for our 20th anniversary season! We have 3 new locations and new times this year, so please pay attention to the team practice schedule.
Our pre-season parents' meeting will take place Monday, September 6 from 7:30 – 8:30pm. Information is available below:
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/xnr-eunc-sxz
Or dial: (US) +1 929-277-6280 PIN: 222 561 037#
Our first week back in the water will be all morning practices at St. Michaels. Check out the locations page for directions to each pool. Evening practices will start the week of September 12th. Here's an overview of the practices this season while we wait for Fredericksburg Academy's repairs to be completed:
Monday-Friday: Senior Junior Intermediate 5:00-6:30 AM
King George YMCA
Monday & Wednesday: 7:30-8:30pm All Groups
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 7, UMW notified us that their COVID protocols have changed due to the Delta variant and outside groups are no longer permitted on campus through mid-October, pending changes in the local transmission rates. We are working swiftly on finding a resolution that will work for our team members and programs.
Tuesday: 7-8:30pm All Groups
Wednesday: 4-5pm All Groups
Thursday: 5:30-6:30pm All Groups in September & October alternating in November & December
Sunday: 3-4pm All Groups
It's been a long, difficult year for everyone. But summer is here, and Tsunami Swimming is pleased to announce a special summer session of Learn to Swim!
The pool heater at Fredericksburg Academy has broken, so all Tsunami programs and practice are cancelled for Sunday, March 7, 2021 and Monday, March 8, 2021.
Makeups will be help next Sunday and Monday, March 14-15, for Swim & Stay Fit and Learn to Swim. Swim & Stay Fit program participants can also make up missed classes during the week, just let Coach Pete know when you'll be coming.
The pool heater at Fredericksburg Academy broke just after Christmas. While it has since been repaired, the pool has not yet reheated to a suitable temperature for swimming lessons. Because of this, we are cancelling Learn to Swim for today, Sunday, January 10th. Please read on for additional details for Swim & Stay Fit and the competitive team:
For all Tsunami programs and practices at Fredericksburg Academy, please see the below notes and diagram for how to drop off and pick-up your swimmers. You may also park in the designated areas and accompany your swimmer to and from the pool, but we request that you wait in your car during the practice/session. As a reminder, masks are required while on deck.
Please support our efforts to provide low-cost and free swimming lessons and equipment to children in our community!