Due to popular demand, we've added a new Swim & Stay Fit afternoon time for Sessions 4 & 5, starting in February 2023! Now you can register for Swim & Stay Fit on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4pm-5pm. Register online here.
Swim with Tsunami this Fall!
Tsunami Swimming programs for the 2022-23 season begin on Tuesday, September 6 at St. Michael/Regency pool in Spotsylvania. Register online today for:
- Competitive Swim Team ages 5 – 18 (practice begins Tuesday 9/6/22)
- Swim and Stay fit for swimmers ages 5 through adult (begins Sunday 9/11/22)
- Learn to Swim for non-swimmers ages 5 through adult (begins Sunday 9/11/22)
- High School Warm-Up for high school age swimmers (begins Monday 9/12/22)
- Adult Masters swimming ages 18 and older (begins Tuesday 9/13/22)
- RSL Pre-Season Stroke Clinic for summer league swimmers (coming May 2023 - stay tuned for more info!)
Tsunami Swimming is back this September!
For the 2022-2023 season, we'll be at St. Michael's pool in Spotsylvania 6 days a week and King George YMCA pool 4 days a week.
Swim & Stay Fit and Lessons will be held at St. Michael's. Registration will open August 1st.
Make sure you're signed up for our email list to be the first to hear when team registration opens!
While we are always sad to lose team members, we're proud to announce the graduation of two of our outstanding seniors.
Summer is almost here, and Tsunami Swimming is pleased to announce a special summer session of Learn to Swim! Join us outdoors this summer in South Stafford.
Thanks to growing demand, Tsunami Swimming is adding an additional hour to the Session 5 Sunday Swim & Stay Fit class, set to begin on April 3, 2022.
Read more: Tsunami Announces 3pm Swim & Stay Fit for Session 5!
- If your swimmer is placed in quarantine related to contact with a close friend/family member, their school or another activity, they are NOT allowed to attend practice/meet/program with TSU until that quarantine has ended. Please notify Coach Pete so a return to practice date can be set based on personal/individual circumstances as there are many potential scenarios.
- Please notify Coach Pete of any positive test results so we can determine any risk of exposure to the rest of our team or staff. They are tracking attendance so we can best determine individual risk on any particular date.
- Please notify Coach Pete if you have any questions regarding exposure, travel, testing or a return to practice question/concern.
- If your swimmer has a pending COVID/flu/strep/RSV test they are NOT to attend practice/meet/program. As symptoms overlap among illnesses, we want to ensure we are all doing our best to keep our team healthy. Please contact Coach Pete for the process to return.
- Masking policy - Masks are currently not required at any location, but may be worn per each individual's personal preference and discretion.
As an additional reminder: should your swimmer(s) become ill, please do not hesitate to have your swimmer(s) medically evaluated for any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, body aches, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, abdominal pain/nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste/smell. These are ALL symptoms of COVID-19 and can occur in vaccinated individuals (however, typically, to a much lesser extent). We have teammates/coaches/families with immunocompromised/medically at-risk members of their families, please be respectful of their added risk and DO NOT attend practice/meet/program with any of the above symptoms.
Return to practice guidelines:
Please support our efforts to provide low-cost and free swimming lessons and equipment to children in our community!