Due to ongoing concerns about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Fredericksburg Academy has closed until Sunday, March 22nd, and currently plans on reopening that Monday.
Because of this all Tsunami programs and practices are canceled until the school reopens Monday, March 23. As this is a developing situation, things may change and we will do our best to keep you updated. Stay tuned to our website, Facebook page or Twitter account for the latest.
USA Swimming has canceled all events for the next 30 days. They have emailed the following advice to all members and encourage any questions be directed to your local health provdier:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Everyone is encouraged to seek further information using the CDC and the WHO websites:
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider.