With the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), USA Swimming has cancelled all meets, events, camps, conferences, and other travel-related events through April 30. This includes team practice and programs. As of yet we have no return date, and we will work with parents regarding refunds and rescheduling over the coming weeks. Please stay tuned for more information.
From USA Swimming:
As of March 17th, the CDC and White House are urging a nationwide halt to gatherings of more than 10 people for the next eight weeks, citing the risk of the coronavirus. This includes avoiding eating or drinking in bars, restaurants, and food courts, and discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits. This should also include team training and practices.
In light of the current situation, beyond the previously announced cancellation of the TYR Pro Swim Series at Mission Viejo and the postponement of the combined Open Water National and Junior National Championships, USA Swimming is mandating the cancellation of all its sanctioned events across the U.S. through April 30, 2020. This will be continuously reassessed based on health and governmental authorities’ information.
We continue to stress the importance of preventing the spread of infection and share the following information being circulated by healthcare officials:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider.
Our leadership team has been meeting daily to discuss the most up-to-date information and the associated effects on our membership. This remains a dynamic situation and we will update our decisions and recommendations on a regular basis.